Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Back At It

We finally had a decent cold snap (10 degrees) and the leaves have fallen from the trees. I can start taking the dogs hiking again without the fear of ticks. I can now hike in the woods and look for  critters also! I had a great hike this evening and heard Great Horned Owls calling back and forth. I was also lucky enough to see one, even though he was pretty far away. It would be great if there is another nest this year! Agility trials are over, and the dogs and I are ready for some fall/winter fun of hiking and indoor swimming to stay in shape. The mental break for all of us is wonderful - that way we don't burn out. I firmly believe people and dogs need a break from training and trialing. Dogs that start to lose their love for the game...they slow down....I want my dogs amped and ready to play, 100% crazy! And after 2 back-to-back weekends of running 3 dogs (one of them a baby dog....) it's time to chill out and get back out with the camera. Enjoy the last of autumn.... winter is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment